Abigail
Wow! We made $115 today! From pretty much nothing. :D Nah, of course with somethings... with pretty glasses and salt and a funky code and free transparencies. Honestly, I'm beginning to see my students in a different light. They are really very creative and entrepreneurial. I mean, when they called me yesterday evening saying they wanna make salt candles, I was like "sure or not? Can sell meh?" or when Zainul said "The text photos will be a hit!" I was like "Yeah... right." But anyway, since they wanted to do it, I was okay with it. Quite glad I let them do it, and tried to overcome some minor obstacles - like no photo paper and no printer. So.. I think we did pretty well as a class! I guess there's a reason why I'm a teacher and not a businesswoman. Sigh.. just no business acumen la. 

Very proud of my class T-shirt too! After months of haggling, bargaining, discussing, negotiating, quarreling, peacemaking, brokering, we finally got 39 people to agree to a design, to 3 colours and the price. Not too bad really. Quite impress
ed that we got it so soon today, just in time for Garage Sale! Totally didn't expect it, so it was a nice touch. Well done 3EB! Didn't pay much attention to the words until Ms Low pointed out to me - 3EB 2009, 4EB 2010 - "Wah, you so sure you going to be their form teacher next year ah?" Hmm... come to think of it, yeah... so many question 
marks from now till next year. So many.. unknowns. But nevertheless, I think for my students, it is a bold assumption on my part that ALL will be able to promote to 4EB next year.  I will be terribly sad and upset if any should fail to make it. And maybe, just maybe.. I'm beginning to think following them up is not that bad an idea... Just maybe... ;) 

0 Responses

Post a Comment