Abigail


It's really not funny to have food poisoning. Amid all the controversy about the Geylang Serai Temporary Hawker Centre, I suffered from a case of food poisoning over the Good Friday weekend. It's probably a punishment for being too greedy as I was actually full, but still insisted on my banana prata and bandung cinno. Thursday night was a real torture as my joints and bones were aching. I knew I was coming down with a fever. The pain that wracked my body was so bad that it was unspeakable and could not be relieved. Of course, I didn't think of panadol, cuz too sick to think straight. My husband was snoring away loudly, which made me even more mad... Of course, none of it was his fault, but the wrath of a woman is never quite justifiable or reasonable. Then, he made up for it for whole of Friday, Saturday and Sunday by being extra nice to me.  

The next day, Good Friday, was a Groundhog Day's nightmare between the bed and the bathroom. The good thing was... they are next to each other. The bad thing was... they are next to each other. The colour of my stools is unmentionable - but I will never see a science QA experiment in the same light again. So I didn't go to school today cuz I wasn't up to screaming at 40 people, but I will try tomorrow. Doctor gave me more charcoal pills, but seriously, after so many, I've now swung to the opposite of diarrhoa. Now, I have constipation. Just great.. 

Well, I do thank God for tiding me through cuz at certain points, I did think I was going to - not make it -. (Die is a bit strong, "not make it" sounds better.) Once again, children, food poisoning is not funny and can cause debilitating effects on one's health. I think someone even told me her grandma was one of the 2 victims who died in the Geylang Serai food poisoning. Handle your food with care and wash your hands before every meal. 


0 Responses

Post a Comment